Best practices in development environments, staging, build management, and production environments
Platinum and gold sponsors
Using multiple developers to build a Drupal site without stepping on each other’s toes can be difficult. Marrying change management with a database-driven, content management system can be near impossible. Narayan Newton (Drupal Assocation/OSUOSL), Milind Parikh (IBM), Sam Tressel (Advomatic) and Neil Giarratana (Lucidus Corporation) will share change management best practices they have applied specifically for Drupal site implementations. You’ll learn how to set up dev, test and production environments; how to simplify automated deployments; and how best to apply software tools (project management, source control, etc.) for Drupal implementations.
Tutorial Panel, 90 minutes:
- Dev/Test/Prod Configurations (including Drupal specific hosting configurations)
- Leveraging Source Control Management for Team Development
- Automated Builds
- Code vs. Content Migration Challenges
- QA Best Practices
- Planning and Tracking Enhancements, Upgrades and Fixes
- Eliminating (or Reducing) Unscheduled Downtime (High availability, replication, load balancing)
- Preparing for Disaster (Point in time recovery, backups, centralized configuration)
The goal of this session is to empower attendees with real-world knowledge of how other organizations have successfully managed change within Drupal environments.
No special resources required.