Druplash and Druplex: Content-Managed Flash and Flex sites powered by Drupal
Platinum and gold sponsors
Lecture-style (what can we say, we’re Uni professors) about building Drupal-powered Flash and Flex websites that support deep-linking, good SEO, and use progressive enhancement techniques so that full HTML content can be available for those who don’t have Flash enabled using the SWFAddress module. Beyond just all-Flash websites we will also cover ways to integrate Flash/Flex in standards-compliant ways to enhance a website while still being maintainable by Drupal.
* Overview of Flash and Flex
* Open Source Flash/Flex Development
* Historical Problems of 100% Flash experience sites
* Current methods that defeat those problems
* Browser History (back and forward buttons) support
* Full HTML alternate content
* Bookmarkable URLs (with clean URLs support)
* Flash Version detection
* How to get dynamic data to Flash
* Writing Custom Services
* SWFAddress.module (newly released)
* How to Use
* Site Demos
* Flash/Flex Beyond the Browser (Using the Adobe AIR platform for the desktop)
Make a case for using Drupal to power Flash- and Flex-based websites.
How to use Services and write custom services.
How to integrate Flash and Flex into Drupal sites for progressive enhancement without a loss of functionality.
How to use CCK + Services to present multimedia through Flash/Flex.
Note to Organizers:
We are unable to present on Thursday.