Music, Fans and Drupal
Platinum and gold sponsors
How does one take an industry that everyone says is dying, and reinvent it from the ground up based around the concept of “the website is the new album?” WBR has, over the past year, completely redone how we treat the Internet, web development and technology, and Drupal is at the core. This session will go through our approach, our challenges, open-source in a monolithic world and how a department of 8 services the largest record company in the world.
Marketing and Business
* Open source development coordination
* How to bridge the technology/creative gap
* The value of community websites for content companies
* Direct to Fan marketing through Drupal
* The challenges we’re still facing (ie, making Drupal more marketing centric in a non-marketing centric community)
The goal of this session would be to define how a large content centric entertainment company has faced the challenge of implementation of Drupal, and also address and discuss the areas that Drupal excels at, and what challenges we have faced. With 50+ sites deployed, and nearly 2 million uniques a week hitting them, we feel we have a good case study to draw from.
Some server architecture experience would be good, but mostly this is for those looking to implement large scale Drupal installations in non-technology centric companies.