Mail, Notifications & Messaging Framework
Platinum and gold sponsors
Your Drupal site is generating all kinds of mail for all kinds of reasons: You have giant announcement list, a few dozen group discussions, automated content notifications, send-to-friend messages, petitions and postcards.
Messaging and notifications are two new modules that simplify building subscriptions-like systems in Drupal. The modules provide a core set of notification types and developers API for building specialized user interfaces, use multiple message delivery methods (including email, sms and IM) and developing custom subscription types.
* Sending individual, mass and unattended mailings
* Enabling round-trip email discussions for any content type or topic
* Interoperating with external mailing list engines such as ezmlm and Mailman
* Tracking efficacy across all types of messages
* Extending the mail framework with your own modules or distribution types
* Notifications Module - How to configure & use notifications for subscriptions.
* The Messaging Framework - More than just email, IM & SMS plugins.
In this session, we will show you how to use a collection of mail modules that can address the issues described here. You will learn how to set up several mailing solutions and hear about ongoing development efforts.
We will also provide an introduction to two new modules, with a focus on how they can be used to provide custom functionality.