OpenID and Identity in Drupal: the future of user.module
Platinum and gold sponsors
This session is about identity management in Drupal focused primarily on the role of OpenID. With the release of Drupal 6 and the inclusion of OpenID support in core, it’s time to look forward on the future of digital identity, and how Drupal can best grow and expand to accommodate the changes.
This session will not be why OpenID, but rather what’s next with OpenID.
Community and core
* OpenID overview / explanation
* Update of current Identity tools for Drupal
* Impact of OpenID & Identity management on user.module
* Suggestions for growth / expansion
* Roadmap for better core support for varied authentication
* Discussion about profile information as related to digital identity
This session has two goals: to raise awareness amongst Drupal community members and developers about digital identity and to lay a roadmap for the interaction of such technology with Drupal.