"What's in a Theme: The power of enterprise-level theming"
Platinum and gold sponsors
Enterprise-level sites pose special challenges. They require not only consistency and flexibility, but also optimization for high-volume traffic, the coordination of team members with varied skillsets, and frequent ongoing development and maintenance.
Smart theming practices can overcome these challenges – this session will show you how.
Lifetime Networks joins us with an in-depth client perspective on undertaking the deployment and ongoing evolution of a multi-channel, enterprise-level Drupal site.
Site Building, Design and User-Experience
Four key challenges of implementing Drupal at the enterprise level will lead the discussion:
- Creating an effective URL taxonomy
- Organizing global content and elements
- Optimizing for performance and scalability
- Overcoming your instincts in page structure and workflow management
Following this we will examination of how these challenges presented and were overcome in the recent relaunch of Lifetime Networks’ flagship site, MyLifetime.com. Special attention will be given to the role of the themer in enterprise-level Drupal site management and the application of the Themester module for more extensible theming.
- Identify the inherent challenges of enterprise-level Drupal sites
- Demonstrate how they can be overcome
- Provide practical strategies and tools for planning and managing your enterprise-level sites
Attendees should have a general understanding of Drupal, HTML, and CSS