Platinum and gold sponsors
The Communication Initiative (CI) has been working in the field of Communication For Development for the last decade. In 2006, we embarked on a redesign with the following imperatives:
- Maintain our list of 35,000 documents; regional e-magasines; 100,000 pieces of supporting information (author information; bibliographic sources; etc.)
- Organizing data by taxonomy to allow elaborate relationships between data and categorization
- Multiple content-types to accommodate different formats of online documents
- Granular control of user permissions
- Custom caching techniques to allow a lot of data to be presented while keeping server load and page load within acceptable boundaries
- An innately multi-lingual site
The site features:
- Support for 73,000 registered users.
- 1.8 million user sessions per year.
- Theming based on Taxonomy
- Top lists driven by taxonomy
- User registration enhanced with CiviCRM
- Integration with Daylife news service.
- Integration with the phpBB forum application.
- An import of our pre-existing legacy data.