Platinum and gold sponsors
Miami Herald Media Company has launched Miami.com, a new interactive entertainment website with comprehensive information and listings for getting out and having fun in South Florida. Miami.com’s up-to-the-minute information on local dining, nightlife and entertainment provides an indispensable guide to tourists and locals alike.
Miami.com’s extensive list of expert contributors gives site visitors a behind-the-scenes look at the most popular restaurants and nightclubs. Other features include celebrity interviews and best-bet recommendations from how to make the perfect Cuban coffee to where to shop along Biscayne Boulevard. Visitors can also search and compare travel accommodations powered by Expedia® without leaving the site.
Users will also have their say on what’s hot and what’s not with the social networking tools that allow readers to post their own reviews of venues. Registered users will also be able to upload their own party photos and create their own reader profiles. A user profile page includes My Miami, which displays the user’s favorite places to go in Miami, My Reviews, with all their restaurant or club reviews, uploaded photos and a personal bio. Users can interact with each other through posting reviews or writing messages on their profile page.
A sampling of Miami.com’s many features include:
- OUR PICKS - Interactive Calendar on what’s hot and happening in Miami every day of the week.
- NIGHTCLUBS -Video tours, dress code suggestions and cost expectations. A special “Clink!” column will highlight a drink recipe of the week.
- RESTAURANTS - Editor and user reviews, cheap eats, hidden gems and celebrity picks. Searchable database includes star ratings, pricing and location of more than 800 restaurants.
- VOYEUR - Exclusive interviews with local celebrities and their favorite hotspots in My Kind of Town. Get the inside view of local celebrities’ beautiful Miami homes with video home tours brought to you by Miami.com.
- MOVIES - Expert critiques, movie times by date and location and film festival information.
- HOTELS - Scenester’s hotel guide, budget buys, family-friendly options and a hotel bar guide.
- SEE AND DO - Reviews of the best beaches, museums, and gaming guides, best public parks and recreation centers. Critics pick for music, dance and theater as well as feature stories on spectator sports, boating, tours and family activities.
- SHOPPING - Boutique of the Week, mall and spa directories and new store announcements as well as a beauty and fashion calendar plus shopping tours in South Florida neighborhoods.
- TRAVEL - Search and compare travel accommodations powered by Expedia® without leaving the site.
- REAL ESTATE - The latest on the home market trends and prices.
- SERVICES - Legal, wedding and medical advertorial section.