Community contributors who require financial assistance
Platinum and gold sponsors
The following community contributors are indicating they need financial assistance to attend Drupalcon Boston. Please review their job postings to both http://groups.drupal.org and http://drupal.org/paid-services. Please also review their http://drupal.org user profile to ensure they are recent and active contributors to the Drupal project. Some individuals who are traveling great distances are required to pay high visas due to the 2 month notice for Drupalcon Boston.
- Here's why I need help:Last year I attended to DrupalCon Barcelona, but to attend to this conference I have to afford much more bills related with VISA, and the Conference related costs (hostels,tickets,attending fee) are much more expensive. I maintain many modules and I work very hard improving the brazilian community. I maintain CAPTCHA, a module that you probably uses ;) So why don't you consider giving a little back?
- Here's why I need help:I'm driving in from Toronto to Boston and probably sleeping in my car to save money. I left my Drupal development job because I was not able to interact with the Drupal community the way I wanted, so funds will be tight for a while.
- Here's why I need help:Funds will help improve usability in Drupal by allowing me to dedicate more time to various usability projects. I am very involved in drupal usability through the Season of Usability (http://groups.drupal.org/season-usability) and in the usability group (http://groups.drupal.org/usability). I will also be attending the formal usability testing (http://groups.drupal.org/node/7929) of drupal at the University of Minnesota the week before DrupalCon. I have been a mentor for a number of GHOP tasks. I intend to take part in GHOP and UMN panel presentations and also give 1 or 2 presentations individually. My recent heavy involvement in drupal and the community over the last few months has taken a toll on my income. I haven't been finding and doing the same amount of billable work as usual, and now my bank balance is breaking. I live in Christchurch, New Zealand, 14,937.40 km (9,281.67 miles) from The Boston Convention center -- so flights are expensive. CivicActions wants me to be there and are helping me out both financially and in other ways. However the budget I have from CivicActions isn't quite enough to pay for airfares let alone accommodation, DrupalCon Registration, meals etc. Then there are the bills at home that don't stop just because I'm away for 2 weeks. If you can't help financially, I am seeking accommodation in Boston from Friday 29 February through Saturday 8 March. I'm also looking for something fun and affordable to do the weekend before DrupalCon and would love to see NYC or sights in New England. Thank you for assisting in anyway you can! :)
- Here's why I need help:SCI is a small not-for-profit organization committed to increasing civic engagement. My current job responsibilities prevent me from devoting time to outside consulting. Note if you use the fundraising link below, specify you are contributing to finance my registration in the memo line. Thank you for your consideration.
- Here's why I need help:Attending the conference will help ensure the continued health of http://drupal.org/project/project If I can get the necessary funding, I'll commit to spending a large portion of my time at the event to the improvement of this module, which will benefit the Drupal community as a whole.
- Here's why I need help:because im poor. i really love the drupal cms, and would like to meet others who can help me in my advancement as an individual seeking to gain self employment. i currently have two sites. www.skulljackets.com in which i do custom (leather, ect) jackets ( and more). i have two kids, and a very very low paying job. i can bearly afford to fly on skybus (.com), in which i have notified on drupal.org/ of their very very low rates for those interested in saving money and buying tickets in advance. i have been trying to get my site's together in an effort to accomidate those who wish to utilize my services, information, and entertainment and dont yet have it up...which, as of this moment, is a bit embarrasing becuase i dont have a way to project myself. which is the main goal of attending this. i have been posting on various community based websites asking for assistance and information reguarding travel and services to get me to and from this and have just found out the cost of attending. however, i do not believe that on my wages and at this current time that i will be able to raise such funds, unless during the period of feb 1st through the 30th, i am able to raise the money off of skulljackets.com. at this current time i am going to post a donations module in a node block featuring my desire and efforts to attend, however, i am also keeping in mind my desire to maintain and provide a professional and visually stimulating layout and design for my websites, which is currently the main goal. outside of working full time, creating jackets (all by hand/painting!), raising my kids, and taking care of everyday life. ive just been finding it hard to come to terms with the idea that i can actually come up with this money in that short of a time frame, especially when i have bills and can bearly afford the hotel and airfair. other ideas and information would be appreciated. thanks for the consideration, kasperjames
- Here's why I need help:I'm a GHOP student and as a 17 year old I really don't have time past school, GHOP presently, and the few projects I already receive as my work to take on additional work in order to support my attendance.
- Here's why I need help:I recently joined the Drupal community through the Google Highly Open Participation contest. I have made numerous contributions and plan on continuing to work with the Drupal community and make contributions were I see fit. I am in the top 5% of my high school class of over 400 and have completed nearly a year of college courses before graduating high school. I have received a scholarship to pay my tuition to the University of Nebraska at Omaha and will be studying in the Computer Science department. I have plans to continue work on my two modules: Click heatmap and Version Control API -- Git backend, as well as helping with the Version Control API itself. I would like to meet the skilled and dedicated developers that I have worked with over the last few weeks and possibly take part in presenting my SimpleTest presentation and/or Click heatmap module. Please read my bio for more information. If you are interested in sponsoring me please use my ChipIn (below). Don't take my word for it, checkout a post by webchick at: http://webchick.net/node/20.
- Here's why I need help:My name is David Needham and I'm a senior multimedia major at Bradley University in Peoria, IL. I first started using Drupal last August for an e-commerce project in a web design class. I used the Ubercart module for the e-commerce side, and became fairly fluent in Drupal and the Ubercart module. My professor (Steven 'Sven' Merrill) told me about Drupal Camp WI, and last month we drove to Milwaukee from Peoria to present training seminars on our own individual projects (mine being Ubercart). Sven and his colleague are now signed up to give a presentation at Boston over their awesome new ideas of Druplex and Druplash (drupal + flex, flash). I desire greatly to attend the Boston conference to cheer on my professors and learn everything I can absorb. Unfortunately, our department does not have a budget for students to go to events like this so I'm in a tight spot. I have a couple small jobs, but as a college student I'm operating on a very fixed income. I've even recently taken on a freelance gig involving Drupal to help fund my trip. At this point, however, I am still very much short and it's looking like I may not be able to get enough to go.
- Here's why I need help:
- Here's why I need help:I videotaped and uploaded many of the Barcelona DrupalCon sessions, and this year I'll again be helping with video archiving of the Boston DrupalCon. Donations are requested to cover my costs of video tapes and any other equipment needed. Depending on the community's generosity your donations could also help cover travel and labor costs.
- Here's why I need help:I do not work in the industry so all expenses are my own. Currently I cannot afford the trip and I have been asked to lead and initiate documentation sessions.
- Here's why I need help:I'm the web developer for the Great River Regional Library system (32 libraries in central Minnesota). I'm currently converting our entire internet infrastructure (both internal and external pages) to Drupal. I'm hoping to attend the conference to learn more about Drupal programming, get a feel for where Drupal is heading in the future and to meet with other non-profits about their Drupal setup. As valuable as the experience at the conference would be for me and my organization, recent budget cuts may make it financially impossible for me to attend without support.